Monday, May 12, 2008

Fearful and Faithless

I shall not live as a coward
That spirit cannot reside with me

For with his sword, I faced down darkness
I have looked at demons in the eye
I declared them liars

By his arm, I withstood men of rage
exposed their deceit
and have not denied my God

With his strength, I have forgiven the unforgivable
loved the unlovable
and feel the unfelt
cried out tears of sorrow for righteousness

With his light he made me shine
created his child
that is who I am
May no man call me faithless

Because my Lord is in me
I can face the pain
I will do his will
and fear will not dwell with me

My beloved is brave
he fears not anything
not even sorrow or pain

He is light
and exposes evil
he gave everything and was glorified
he trusted his God.

he is me, and so can I

who am I?
I am the daughter of God
May no man call me coward.

No comments: