Monday, July 30, 2007

Song of Solomon

I have been reading the Song of Solomon. And would like to share with you some of the things the Holy Spirit and companions, has helped me learn.The Song of Solomon is a love song between Jesus and his Bride. It is his secret message to her and her to him. It was put there for the Bride to understand the relationship that she will have with her Groom. That being said I thought I would go through the first chapter. But First throw out everything you have been taught about the book, and look at it with fresh eyes.



Son 1:1 The song of songs, which is Solomon's. Son 1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.Son 1:3 Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.



Here the Beloved pictures the King Jesus. His love comes in the form of wine, or his blood. In verse three the ointment that is poured out is His name.. or the taking of his name,.. by his bride.. her inheritance. She follows her master to the same end, or death... to her reuniteing with her beloved.



Son 1:4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee. Son 1:5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.



She is taken as a firstfruit from the daughters of Jerusalem. He is taken into the Beloved's chamber,.. behind the curtain of Solomon. The dividing wall of Hostility is removed and she is finally able to be joined to her beloved.



Son 1:6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.



She is of dark skin because she has been misused by her brothers. They do not appreciate her beauty and have worked her in their vinyards instead of her own vinyard (garden).



(to her Beloved)

Son 1:7 Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?



She is searching for her love. She wants to go his tent and reside with him.(the Beloved) (Jesus)



Son 1:8 If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents.



Jesus tell the bride to "sit and Wait'.. to be patient. To feed my little sheep... until I come for you.



Son 1:9 I have compared thee, O my love, to a company of horses in Pharaoh's chariots. Son 1:10 Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, thy neck with chains of gold.



She is adorned with beauty..



(the Daughters of Jerusalem)

(the Brides friends and companions.. perhaps the other part of the Body of Christ)

Son 1:11 We will make thee borders of gold with studs of silver.



The Body decorates the Bride with adorments in preparation for her uniting with the Beloved.



The Shulamite(the Bride)

Son 1:12 While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.



The King, Jesus is on his throne.. The Bride's scent (genuine Nard) is an annointing oil.. Part of the spices used to prepare the body of Christ before his burial. So The bride is aromatic to the Groom for she sends for her scent to Jesus, and he know that she is his.. (part of the body).



Son 1:13 A bundle of myrrh is my well beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.Myrrh, is also used in anointing oil.



He(Jesus) will lie on her Breasts.. they will be united in love, and togetherness.



Son 1:14 My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi.



(Camphire is Henna Blooms) The Henna Blooms are white.. The fruit is red. So we can see the connection to the blood and body(white robes) of Christ. Also the vineyards of En Gedi. The ancient name for En Gedi is the "pruneing of the Palms."



There is very interesting things about this place. It was an oasis in a dessert, west of the Dead sea. It had "fresh water" spring bubbling forth from a rock cliff. So Jesus is the Rock that springs forth 'living water" an oasis. Also the Palm tree branches are very prominate in the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem and as images in New Jeruselam. (the Temple of Solomon). It is also of note that it is called the "vineyards" of Engedi. So the wine(blood) is the living water.. The holy spirit.



Son 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.



The Dove has a prominant image here. The Holy Spirit is expressed as a dove. Also the Dove came down at Jesus annointing. So the Fact the Beloved has Dove eyes is very fitting!



Son 1:16 Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.Son 1:17 The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.The Bed is green.



This reminded me of the brides Mother ( the earth). So they lay (or unite) on a bed of green. Also. The beams of their house is cedar ( of Lebanon). It was used prominately in the building of the Temple. Also used in the Building the "couch" of solomon. Which later in the book carries the "beloved".



Well, friends.. This is what I got from the first chapter.. I have been eager to share this with all of you. I hope that the beauty of our Fathers word brings you as much Joy has it has to me. Please share with me your thoughts and comments.My love to all of you!

No comments: