Monday, September 10, 2007

Her Lord's Hand

Her beloved says:
"Take my hand
step into heaven's light.
Sword in my hand
we will walk together
cutting through the darkness"

"recall the truth that I have spoken
There is no fear in love.
Our perfect love casts fear outside"

His light reflects off her sword
as she steps into the gloom.
In the left hand she raises her weapon
and in the right she grasps her Beloved's.

His hands smell of myrrh and cedar pines
and his head is covered with fresh dew
His eyes are of doves by water
bathed in white light

His presense gives her courage
His love gives her power
His sword, strength

His words spoken in truth
guide her along the path.

His authority at her touch
she slashes her sword
at his request
breaking the chains
of the disgusting things
healing the wounds of vultures.

Can you hear his voice
daughter of Zion?
The call of the dove?
He is in front of you
and beside you
all the way home.

"Fear not the darkness my sister, my spouse
you are a child of light
and your soul belongs to me.
You will never be alone beloved,
for your heart is in me
and mine in you."