Thursday, September 6, 2007

I Sleep but my Heart is Awake

I sleep but my heart is awake
to the voice of my beloved

listen for his knock
as he calls
"Open for me!"

Virgin Daughter
your heart yearns for him
open your door
and spring forth your well

Do not fear the darkness
for he is your lamp
do not fear the pain
for he will lift you above it

For the watchmen of your city
will beat you instead of care for you
they will strip you of your veil
and wound you.
They despised the treasure given them
they spit upon his Love.

Hear her cry my Lord!
"If you find my beloved
Tell him I am lovesick.
Come for me!"

He will bring her from this wilderness
for she leans upon his chest
a seal set upon her heart
upon her arm
For love is as strong as death

She can no longer be harmed
for he awoke her beneath the apple tree

where her mother brought her forth
She dwells in his garden
and eats his fruit

Sing Oh Daughter of Zion
Sing him your song
call to him to come

"Make Haste my beloved
for upon your wings I wait
Come take me home
Where together we will stand."

1 comment:

Georgie0 said...

Dear Sister
How refreshing you are.
The sweet scent of Scripture
We seek
A Child of Jesus

== == == == ==
Amen in faith
Cc
Zephaniah 2:3 seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth,
who have practiced His own judicial decision.
Seek righteousness, seek meekness.
Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger.